Succession planning and talent management is about how you identify and develop the leaders of tomorrow. At New Wave Teaching School Alliance this is about systematically identifying leadership talent within and across the alliance, and the strategy we employ to move this talent onwards.
Working in partnership with Hackney Learning Trust we are committed to succession planning and talent management within our Alliance. We are looking to grow leaders within our schools and will be engaging with the Hackney Learning Trust Leadership Programmes to offer ongoing CPD to our both our future and established leaders.
The programmes orbit around the concept of the leaders of teaching and learning.
They focus on:
- Growing people: Hackney leaders at all levels of their career will receive high quality leadership development.
- Personalised learning: leaders will be offered bespoke support to meet their personal development needs.
- Outward looking leadership: leaders will be encouraged to look outside their immediate environment to research and learn from examples of outstanding practice.
- Collaborative working: leaders at all levels will be provided with the opportunity to support the development of leaders within their own school, the Trust and beyond.
- School-fed development: a network of mentoring will be established across the borough and beyond to ensure leaders are empowered, supported and equipped to drive forward a schools’ led improvement system.
- Robust leadership: leaders will understand the challenges of working in an urban context and will be supported in developing the grit to deal effectively with them.
- Collective Understanding: leaders at all levels will use a common framework for dialogue about leadership, for coaching and mentoring and for training.
The programme develops leadership at six levels:
- Develop your talent for leadership
- Embedding the leadership of teaching and learning
- Leading to urban headship
- Welcome to Hackney headship
- Developing as a Head teacher and leader of teaching and learning
- Preparing to be a system leader of teaching and learning
Contact us to find out more.